Friday, February 18, 2011

The Animal Prison of Sri Lanka


Well frankly, after I went to the National Zoo of Singapore a few years ago, I was under the assumption or the the illusion that in any zoo around the world, even though its wrong to cage animals, the animals are given enough space to live/move around and the enclosures mimic each animals natural habitat. And then I went to National Zoo of Sri Lanka, my illusion was shattered.

Concrete and steel....that was da zoo made of. the cages, i wont say enclosures, were so small compared to the animal that dey were practically just lying dere...
the hippopotamus cage had like an inch deep of water, the lions were in dog cages. its was literally a prison.
i swear i'll never go to that god forsaken place. someone has to do something about that place...i already sent a letter of complaint, but seriously if someone doesn't do something, those animals are gonna just die there.



2 comments:

  1. Haha D! I didn't know you blogged! It's true about the Zoo! I felt so angry when I saw that...it's a bloody torture house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete